Want to change your Twitter password? Check out the tutorial below: how to change your Twitter password and various solutions for forgetting your password.
Less frequent use of Twitter can make you forget your password, so you are looking for ways to change your Twitter password so you can open it again.
This can happen, considering that many people have left Twitter and started switching to Instagram or Youtube.
Generally, Twitter itself has provided many features for those of you who have forgotten your Twitter password.
However, there are quite a number of ways that can be applied, where each method has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Well, for more details, here are some ways that you can use to change your password on Twitter social media:
How to Change Twitter Password
For those of you who still remember the old password, then changing the password with a new one is not a difficult matter.
Considering that you can immediately replace it without having to do a lot of data verification, the method itself can be seen in the following review:
- Step #1: At first you can open the browser on your cell phone.
- Step #2: After that, go to the official Twitter site via that browser.
- Step #3: Alternatively, you can also use the Twitter or Twitter Lite app.
- Step #4: Next, login as usual using the old password that you still remember.
- Step #5: When done, you will automatically enter the Twitter page that you have.
- Step #6: Here, tap on the 3 stripes icon in the upper-left corner of the Twitter page.
- Step #7: Select the settings and privacy option and wait for the settings page to open.
- Step #8: Then, select Account. Then, choose a password.
- Step #9: After that, enter your old Twitter password, then at the bottom create a new password that you want to use.
- Step #10: In the confirm password field, re-write your new password.
- Step #11: When everything is done, then you can click the Update password.
- Step #12: Automatically you will be directed to the login page, where you have to re-login with the password you just created.
- Step #13: If you have successfully entered the Twitter homepage, then your Twitter account password has been successfully changed.
How to Reset Forgotten Twitter Password
If you really forget the password you used, then you don’t need to worry because there is a way to recover it.
One of them is by resetting the Twitter password using an application on an Android or iPhone cellphone, where you can adjust it to the device you are using.
1. How to Reset Twitter Password on Android Apps
Of course, the Twitter application on Android already supports this password reset, because it is directly connected to the official Twitter site.
How to reset the password using this Android application itself you can do as follows:
- Step #1: First download the Twitter app on Playstore.
- Step #2: After that, do the installation and wait until the application is ready to use.
- Step #3: When done, open the Twitter application on your Android phone.
- Step #4: On the main page or Twitter login, you can just leave all the fields blank.
- Step #5: Next click forgot password? which is at the bottom.
- Step #6: The app will automatically direct you to recover the password.
- Step #7: The method is quite easy, because you just enter your username, phone number, or email. Enter the one you remember.
- Step #8: Then press the next button again at the bottom of the column.
- Step #9: Wait for a while, then you will get an email from Twitter.
- Step #10: Open your email and click the link in the email.
- Step #11: Here the confirmation process will run in the app.
- Step #12: After that, you will successfully enter the change password page.
- Step #13: Create a new password that you want and enter the verification password in the column provided.
- Step #14: Click reset password again and wait for the password recovery to complete.
- Step #15: You will be automatically redirected to the page of your existing Twitter account.
- Step #16: From here you have successfully changed the forgotten Twitter password.
2. How to Reset Twitter Password on iPhone
In addition to Android, iPhone users can also reset forgotten Twitter passwords very easily.
The method is almost the same, namely by using the Twitter application which you can get on the App Store, like this:
- Step #1: First install the Twitter application on your iPhone, where you can download it officially on the Appstore.
- Step #2: When it is installed, then you can immediately open the application on your iPhone.
- Step #3: After that, you will enter the Twitter login page, where you can just leave all the fields blank.
- Step #4: Next press the forgot password button at the bottom.
- Step #5: Next, enter your personal information, account name, and the email you use on the website.
- Step #6: Wait a while for Twitter to contact you via email.
- Step #7: Here you can directly click the link in the email, if you want to immediately restore your account.
- Step #8: You will automatically be redirected to the Twitter application again, the difference is that you will enter the password recovery page.
- Step #9: Enter the new password you want to use and verify the password, then click change.
- Step #10: After that, you will immediately enter the Twitter account page, where this indicates that you have successfully reset the Twitter password.
Forgot Password and Twitter Email Solution
What happens if you want to open a Twitter account, but forget the password and the email you use is also dead.
Of course, many people think about creating a new account. Well, if you are in this situation, then you don’t need to worry, because there is still a way to recover a Twitter account without even using an email.
You can do a way to recover a Twitter account like this on the Twitter Help Center page. Here are the steps:
- Step #1: Open Twitter.com on your cellphone or laptop.
- Step #2: Click Sign In.
- Step #3: Click Forgot password?.
- Step #4: Enter your Twitter username, then click Search.
- Step #5: Next, click on Don’t have access to these.
- Step #6: After that, you will arrive at the Twitter Help Center page to recover your forgotten password and email account.
- Step #7: You can fill in the form provided according to the problem you are facing.
- Step #8: Next, you can follow the directions from Twitter.
Actually, how to change your Twitter password is very easy, it’s just that you have to adjust it to your current situation.
Because each method above has a different function, such as changing passwords, changing Twitter passwords that you forget, and even changing Twitter account passwords, even if you forget your email.
That way, you can recover and use your Twitter account again, so you don’t have to create a new account if you want to use Twitter again.
Good luck, yes!
Originally posted 2021-09-12 12:58:34.